Welcome to Our Blog!

Our classroom blog was created as a place where we can meet online together to reflect on and explore ideas, share opinions, discuss various topics and also create! I am so excited to be a part of all the learning that is going to go on here and I hope you are, too! Now, what about the name of our blog? The Read Wheelbarrow was chosen as a "play on words" and refers to a very interesting poem (I think) by William Carlos Williams called The Red Wheelbarrow. It is the first of many, many poems we will read and discuss. With it our blogging adventure begins...so, happy blogging everyone!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Poem for the Full November Moon

Please read this poem about the moon...it's a full moon this week, after all! Do you like this poem? Does it make you think of anything? Do you like it more than "The Red Wheelbarrow"? Or do you like is less...or about the same? (PS: What is a 'quay'? In the poem, you pronounce it "KEYS"...)

The Moon
by Robert Louis Stevenson

The moon has a face like the clock in the hall;
She shines on thieves on the garden wall,
On streets and fields and harbour quays,
And birdies asleep in the forks of the trees.

The squalling cat and the squeaking mouse,
The howling dog by the door of the house,
The bat that lies in bed at noon,
All love to be out by the light of the moon.

But all of the things that belong to the day
Cuddle to sleep to be out of her way;
And flowers and children close their eyes
Till up in the morning the sun shall arise.

10 comments:

  1. I liked this poem. I actually liked it a bit better than The Red Wheelbarrow. This poem remindes me of the book called Hugo Cabret. In the book in one of the parts it has a drawing of the man in the moon. I can't wait till the November Full Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this poem was bad.But I think this poem should be a little better because the when he says "guays" it seems a little odd for me.And the poem get's a little better because the dog,the cat and the bat!And my last favourite thing about this poem is when he says "Till up in the morning the sun shall arise".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this poem is another one of those poem I really like because it is very nice and intriting and it is a little comuseing but it is still one of the best poems I have ever read

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem reminds me of Hugo Cabret. I like this poem because It is my birthday month and it reminds me of a moon. It makes me think of snow and of fall leafs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this poem reminds me of hugo cabret,but I don't know what the word squalling means.I really liked the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS POEM! it is funny and it remindes me of a story we read called hugo cabray! It is the best book ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this poem.Because it was very deatal.And it is also ryming!!! And also it also talk's about outdoor stuff.And the last thing is it talks about people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still don't understand this poem.But I like it better than the Red Wheelbarrow.It reminds me of Hugo Cabret and the man in the moon.We watched a movie with no sound but there's only music I did not understand it too.I can't wait for the Hugo Cabret movie.Todaloo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this a interesting poem it reminds me of the pictures in Hugo Cabret I remembered Hugo looking through the clock

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure that you will find the word 'squalling' in a dictionary, Abisha, but try to look at the CONTEXT...that might give you a clue. A 'squeaking' mouse and a 'SQUALLING' cat...hmmm!

    ReplyDelete