Welcome to Our Blog!

Our classroom blog was created as a place where we can meet online together to reflect on and explore ideas, share opinions, discuss various topics and also create! I am so excited to be a part of all the learning that is going to go on here and I hope you are, too! Now, what about the name of our blog? The Read Wheelbarrow was chosen as a "play on words" and refers to a very interesting poem (I think) by William Carlos Williams called The Red Wheelbarrow. It is the first of many, many poems we will read and discuss. With it our blogging adventure begins...so, happy blogging everyone!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A little Frost for a Frosty Day!

Hello everyone! I am really looking forward to reading your thoughts about THIS famous poem by Robert Frost. (I will tell you my thoughts later, because I don't want to influence you in any way!) PLEASE MAKE CONNECTIONS: to yourself, to other poems or stories you have read, to the world around you...

By the way, some of you have still not voted for your favourite poem on our blog so far. Please do this today!

In the meantime, have a happy snowy day (and, apparently, a very snowy evening!) and I will see you tomorrow! Now, here is the poem:


Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening
by Robert Frost
 
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

17 comments:

  1. This poem was awesome. It reminds me of solstice day. The poem reminds me of solstice day because in the poem it said the darkest day of the year. When I just puzzled through the poem I had a feeling it would do with winter. The funny thing is the author’s last name is frost and frost is a winter word and the poem is a winter poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like this poem because it is about winter and Winter is our favourite seaon and also because it reminds us about frosty the snowman because the movie takes place in the season winter and he is a snowman and you build snowmans in the winter snow. Also because Winter is when my birthday is on. Last is because we like to play in the snow and play snowball fight in the snow and make snowmans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this poem makes me think about christmas and it is about winter my favorite season because of the snow and it reminds me of frosty the snow man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katelyn and SamanthaFebruary 2, 2011 at 9:58 AM

    Dear Ms. Kutertan,
    We like this poem because we love snow, frost and
    winter.
    We don't like this poem because we get frost bite, we dislike dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem is really good. But I don’t understand why the person who owns the wood lives in the woods. He could just build a house there. And I wonder how people write so nice poems like that. Makes me think of a connection. When I am saving up money when I am not looking, my brother comes and takes a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms.Kutertan
    I liked the poem because it is about snow. AND ALL THE KIDS LIKE THE SNOW.Like you go in your house then you drink hot coco it tastes good. Well that is all I have to say. "oh" only one more thing have you had hot coco before?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hot cocoa and I think I am going to go and make some right now, because the snow in my driveway was "lovely (!), dark and deep" and I DEFINITELY have "miles to go before I sleep"! Sounds like a good time for some cocoa! :) Hope you are enjoying your snow day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the poems really funny because its like hide and seek in a way, but then there is Capture the Flag, too. I hide in Capture the Flag all the time especially in the woods. That’s all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Ms.K
    I like this poem but why would someone write a poem like this? and I did not get the frist part of it but at the end you know what it's about and i think all of the poems you put on are wonderful. bye bye

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked the poem because its really cool. By: Tony

    Hi MS.Kutertan!!I really liked that poem, except, I didn't really get that poem much.Still, you place The Best Poems on the blog.It's really creative.It's really good.The author thinks a lot of creativity, because he's creative! By: Andaleeb

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great poem because it rhymes on our blog. I haven't read a rhyming poem in a long time. Its fun, too, that another winter poem has been posted but there's something special about this poem because this winter poem is talking more than just the winter season, it's talking about how the forest sounds in winter and how it looks in winter so it talks about alot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really loved that poem but it kinda didn't make sense. Still I like it and it's about a forest so I like it. I like the rhyming in the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds nice but i dont understand it and neither does Erfan the math wise. When you come back could you tell me what it means, because I'll get it more from you. Can't wait to under stand what it is. Have a nice day. The Medieval paper to practice is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We think this poem isn't the best because after two rhyhems they'd write a word that doesn't rhyme then they start all over again. But it was a nice poem and is appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this poem is good and at the bottom it's a little rhyme and it's good. It reminds me about a story of snow and its feel to me it is like frosty the snow man because it is about snow and a great poem. Hope there are more poems to be there and more comments - great poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like this poem because I have miles to go before I sleep, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like this poem its nice and peacfull i love it its so perfect

    ReplyDelete