Welcome to Our Blog!

Our classroom blog was created as a place where we can meet online together to reflect on and explore ideas, share opinions, discuss various topics and also create! I am so excited to be a part of all the learning that is going to go on here and I hope you are, too! Now, what about the name of our blog? The Read Wheelbarrow was chosen as a "play on words" and refers to a very interesting poem (I think) by William Carlos Williams called The Red Wheelbarrow. It is the first of many, many poems we will read and discuss. With it our blogging adventure begins...so, happy blogging everyone!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Pandas are here!

Did you know that the newest residents at the Toronto Zoo are 2 Giant Panda bears? Watch the video and tell me the answers to the following questions:

- Why are Pandas so special?
- How many kg each of apples and bamboo are travelling with the Pandas?
- How long will the Pandas be here in Toronto?
- How much does it cost each year to keep the Pandas here at the zoo?
- Who is the famous Canadian who signed "The Panda Agreement" and welcomed them when they arrived at the airport in Toronto?
- What do they hope will happen while the Pandas are here at the zoo?

Our Toronto Pandas


Here is a little poem about Pandas...maybe it will inspire you to write a poem, too!

There once was a Panda names Lu,
who liked to eat crunchy bamboo!
He ate all day long,
'til he looked like King Kong
and the Zoo didn't know what to do!

 

12 comments:

  1. That was so cute! Canada lone the pandas all the way from China. It said it costs alot of money. 75000 people vist pandas that's alot of people!! I liked the video beacause my favourite animal is a panda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Canada is really smart for taking care of the panda. Pandas are almost instined so I think it is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new wallpaper it's so cute! It's amazing that we do get pandas but there so much money I can't wait till i get to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pandas are so cute i liked this video

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pandas are really cute!! Iliked how the pandas wrestled and played together!!Steven Harper and his wife even came to wath them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The are so cute I really went to see the pandas and I never Knew that they came from Chongqing china I WISH i seen them the fisrt day they came to Canda it would the best day if I went on the first day the panda came to the Toronto Zoo.Love you panda have a great time in Canada for four year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so cool how the pandas came all the way from China. In a plane I wonder how much space is in the plane. They used alot of apples and bamboo. 200kg of apples and bamboo. Steven Harper signed the panda agreement. The pandas are staying in Toronto for 5 years. It costs 1 million dolllars a year that means that the pandas are going to cost 5 million dollars in total.Thay hope to great them while in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwwwww! The pandas are so cute! I think pandas are special because they are indangered. I just can't believe that 200 kg of apples and bamboo can be carried in a plane from China! That's 400 kg! For the 5 years the pandas are staying in the Toronto Zoo I want to go visit them at least once. I wonder how they are going to get 1 million dollars, because they also have to use money to get stuff for the other animals! I bet when the pandas came to Toronto for the first time there was a huge crowd! I wonder how Steven Harper welcomed them? I just hope the pandas mate and a baby cub is born. Then the their words will be true! I just hope in the summer I could go see them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was cool how the pandas were trying to push off each other on the rock. It was cool and dangerous at the same time because they were pushing off each other on the rocks and one of them could have got hurt. It's sad that they are only staying for five year. I know that they are really expensive but could Toronto have the pandas for a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wall paper is great! Anyway I think pandas are so speacail because their endangerd.They were adoreable I think I might visit them some time.They are so cudly what if a baby panda was born I bet it would be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i wonder how the pandas handeled the plane did they eat alot did the get sick what did they do hope they have a good time

    ReplyDelete
  12. The panda was really cute to tell you the truth and also there were a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete