Welcome to Our Blog!

Our classroom blog was created as a place where we can meet online together to reflect on and explore ideas, share opinions, discuss various topics and also create! I am so excited to be a part of all the learning that is going to go on here and I hope you are, too! Now, what about the name of our blog? The Read Wheelbarrow was chosen as a "play on words" and refers to a very interesting poem (I think) by William Carlos Williams called The Red Wheelbarrow. It is the first of many, many poems we will read and discuss. With it our blogging adventure begins...so, happy blogging everyone!

Friday, February 22, 2013

Welcome to Term 2, 2013!!


Well, Room 10, here we go...! It's been awhile, since we last checked out our blog. There has just been 'too much' going on, I guess! When I think to myself, "What in the world should I post?", it makes me think of OUR WORLD and the fact that, more and more, our world extends way out into outer space. Chris Hadfield is a Canadian astronaut who is the Commander of the International Space Station until May. He is a really cool guy and now, thanks to some very amazing technology, Chris can communicate with us from outer space...and he has some pretty neat things to say (and sing -- he brought his guitar!) Check out this link and learn a little more about life in SPACE! Your task?
You may 1) comment on one of the short videos you watch or 2) compose a short poem, that we will send to Chris Hadfield in space or 3) do both! Enjoy & have fun! ~ Mrs. Kutertan :)

Check out Chris Hadfield in Space!

 

17 comments:

  1. it was cool i liked space .i wonder if astonauts will make a world on mars

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relly liked the videos they were really interesting it looked he got sad at the end of the video you poasted it was a great video i love outer space its so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris show'd us the things in his space ship it wasn't what I was expecting I thought he was just going to show us him in space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how he put his feet in the wire place and he cried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Chris Hadfield made a awesome video about outer space and how the space station works and all. I thought the background music was actually good it really fits in with the words that he said. I think I want to be an astronaut if I get to do all those stuff like work with the cool space stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really liked this video it was so cool and the floating food one that was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked it because I want to see the earth from the outside and i want to be in a spaceship.I like floating too so i would like it in space because theres no gravity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was amazing! I wonder if Chris was floating when he shot that video? It looked like he was! All the controls look so complicated and technogical... it probably takes a long time to become an astronaut with all the training and learning how to use the controls. Now here is a poem I wrote for Chris Hadfield:

    The Space Life

    Up in space,
    High above the world,
    Is an awesome astonaut,
    As awsome as the world!
    Floating around,
    In his space suit,
    Chris Hadfield is cool,
    As cool as...SPACE COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that was a prety cool video a man in space he is soo lucky. when i grow up i want to be an artist or an astronot like him i wish i grew up already so i could be with him up their. the kitchen one was cool also i saw him cliping his nails and it looked discusting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked that video! It show us how to use a space ship.It was really interesting that he has a computer that shows the outside of the space ship. Another interesting part about this video is that he doesn't use a mouse for the computer he has a hand controler. COOL! The last thing I'd like about this video is that he is that he has some swithches to control his spaceship.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris Hadfield it is so cool how you cut your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  12. chris hadfeild is so cool! its amazing how he told us about how the preserve food also how theres no gravity and how it can effect you weight I wish I could bee an astrounot

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favourite part of the first video when Chris Hadfield moved the Canadarm2. It's so cool and it's so big. Through the video it looked as if they are underneath the earth. I wonder what he's going to post next? Here is a short poem for Chris Hadfield.

    In Space

    The wonders we have
    to know about space
    Books, websites and people
    Is all that it takes.

    But to see it for real
    all we need to do
    Is look at videos
    made by who?

    Chris Hadfield that's who!
    With the help of technology
    I get to see
    All the space technology.

    Thank you for reading my poem. I would really like to see more videos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The videos I watch was a bit interesting.
    Some of them were funny,
    anyway thanks for showing the vedios to me

    By rafiu

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some things that you can do on earth can be hard in space. For example: food. If you add pepper and salt and other ingrediants,it would be floating around! I find that funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked the videos that I wacthed.
    It was a bit funny.

    By Farian

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all your comments! I agree, Chris Hadfield is amazing and I really appreciate that he has taken the time out from his busy day and very important work to show us 'Earthlings' all about space...and take some amazing photographs, too!
    Great job, everyone...I wonder what Chris is doing right now...? What do you think? :) - Ms. K.

    ReplyDelete