Welcome to Our Blog!

Our classroom blog was created as a place where we can meet online together to reflect on and explore ideas, share opinions, discuss various topics and also create! I am so excited to be a part of all the learning that is going to go on here and I hope you are, too! Now, what about the name of our blog? The Read Wheelbarrow was chosen as a "play on words" and refers to a very interesting poem (I think) by William Carlos Williams called The Red Wheelbarrow. It is the first of many, many poems we will read and discuss. With it our blogging adventure begins...so, happy blogging everyone!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Finish This Poem Starter...

Hi Everyone!
Spring is finally feeling like it is here! Here is a little activity for you today. Please finish this poem and send me your ideas...Your poem should be at least 6 lines long. It can rhyme, but it doesn't have to! Looking forward to reading your poems!

"I looked outside the window
and saw to my surprise,
a ..."

4 comments:

  1. big big postcard which said my name oh my
    i was really so happy jumping
    up my bed feeling kind
    of disy but saying still oh my
    eyes full of shock
    sooo sooo happy that cannot call the press

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked outside and saw to my suprise a, I saw birds singing and flying,with a glance I knew it was spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there everyone! I wrote a poem too! Tell me what you think :) Happy springtime!!!!

    I looked outside my window,
    And saw to my surprise,
    A tall man clad in shadows,
    With shimmering red eyes.

    As he smiled in the moonlight,
    He waved to me and spoke,
    “The shadows are from evil,
    I use them for my cloak.”

    I ask him where he came from,
    He says he cannot say,
    I ask him how he found me,
    He says a different way.

    He says that I’m invited,
    I ask him then by who.
    “Well by the Spider kingdom,
    They ask for me and you.”

    He takes me to a palace,
    And to a far off ball.
    We dance, and twirl, and rumour,
    Until the final call.

    And when the night is over,
    The sun begins to rise.
    I whisper and I wonder,
    Must I open my eyes?

    Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi every one, I hope you enjoy my poem

    I looked outside my window,
    And saw to my surprise,
    a 15 foot ice cream cone
    I scream we scream we all scream for Ice cream
    Then to my suprise I fond a 5 dollar bill and I said... CANDY CANDY CANDY
    I am gonna buy candy.

    well thats my poem,
    peace im out

    ReplyDelete